Through an act of Perfect Contrition, you can receive the forgiveness of your sins outside of confession, even mortal sins, provided that you determine yourself to correct your life and make a firm resolution to go to sacramental confession as soon as possible, when it becomes once more available.
1. In reality, or in your mind, kneel at the foot of a crucifix and repeat: "Jesus, my God and my Saviour, in the midst of your agony you remembered me, you suffered for me, you wanted to purify me from my sins".
2. Contrition is "perfect" if you repent of your sins because you love God and you sincerely regret having offended Him and having contributed Christ's sufferings on the Cross.
3. Recite, slowly and sincerely, an act of contrition focusing on the goodness of God and your love for Jesus: "O my God, since you are so good I am sincerely repentant for having sinned against you and with the help of your grace I will no longer sin. Amen".
4. Make a firm resolution to go to sacramental confession as soon as possible.
Important Change to Webcam for Masses
This week Monday 5th October we will be changing our Webcam Streaming Service Provider.
1. If you view mass via our Parish Website, everything will remain the same.
Follow the webcam link as usual.
2. If you view mass through the Service Provider Website, please enter www.churchmedia.tv into your search browser and scroll down to your chosen
Church and enter to view.
3. If you view mass via a Roku Box/Stick
Go to Home Screen and push across to the right
Push up until you see 'Add Channel' and select
Select 'Search Channel' and type in Church Media
Church Media - Live Streaming will appear
Select and then select 'Add Channel'
Push 'Home' Button and Church Media will appear on your Home screen.
Select your chosen Church to join mass.
If you have any issues, Church Media have informed us they will be happy to help. You can contact them on 02887738494.
When St. Patrick’s re-opened for public Mass in July, the requests for places filled the Church to capacity on paper. However, there are a number of vacant seats available on the Shore St gallery and some on the main gallery. You are welcome to avail of these seats and to come and share in the celebration of the Eucharist on Saturday evening or Sunday morning.
If you are new returning to Mass, please provide your name and contact details in a box labelled Contact Details. This box will be removed to safe keeping after every Mass. Those parishioners who have already returned to public Mass in St. Patrick’s need to do nothing other than attend as they have been doing.
There is also plenty of room at weekday Masses and I understand some parishioners may feel more confident and comfortable coming to weekday Masses due to fewer people being present.
Bear in mind, for the time being, parishioners are not obliged to attend Sunday Mass. If you wish to attend Mass, weekday Mass and weekend Masses are equal in the sight of God.
Please wear a mask
Please take a moment to view our video on how we are adhering to social distancing...